Important California Property Tax Dates
Don’t miss these important property tax dates provided to us by Doug Thompson from Lawyer sTitle
- Beginning of Fiscal Year
- Assessor completes local roll and delivers to Auction
- Delinquent secured and supplemental taxes are transferred to tax roll and additional penalties add at 1.5% per month on any unpaid tax amounts plus $15 redemption fee
- Last day to file assessment appeals
- Original secured property tax bills are mailed out
- First installment secured property taxes due (Delinquent December 10)
- First installment secured property taxes delinquent. A 10% penalty is added as of 5:00pm
- Delinquent notices are mailed out for any unpaid first installment secured unpaid property taxes
- Lien date – date for valuation, date taxes attach to property as a lien; applies as of 12:01 am
- Second installment secured property taxes due (Delinquent April 10)
- Second installment secured property taxes delinquent. A 10% penalty plus $10.00 cost is added as of 5:00pm
- End of fiscal year
If the delinquent date falls on a weekend or holiday, the delinquent date is the next business day.
Hope this info helps and please contact me if you have any questions.