Things You Have To Do While You Are In Escrow
1) Return all documents and forms from escrow as soon as possible. All of these documents must be signed and completed.
2) Inform the escrow officer if there are any changes or circumstances that change the terms of the contract as soon as you know about these changes.
3) Make sure all your contact information is given to the escrow officer as soon as escrow is opened. The officer needs phone numbers, email addresses and mailing addresses. This information is important for all parties involved in the escrow. This is very important to closing on time.
4) Review all closing documents as soon as you receive them. Compare the numbers that your lender has provided if you are the buyer or your real estate agent has provided, if you are the seller. If there are any discrepancies they must be addressed and resolved before closing.
5) Buyers and sellers please, be aware of wire fraud. Before any money is wired to anyone, especially the escrow company, call the officer to make sure the account number you are transferring to is confirmed. If you received instructions via email, please confirm by phone the account number.
6) All principals must be present to close. You will be required to provide a government-issued photo ID such as a current U.S. driver’s license or passport. If you can not attend the closing arrangements must be done in advance.
If you have questions, please call me at (562) 544-0449.
Mary Ann Edwards – Re/Max College Park – BRE: # 01103542